- Bairds Malt is committed to implementing responsible sourcing principles into its supplier assessment procedures and supplier agreements. We have standards that we expect of suppliers and from those we procure and we examine a supplier’s policies and guidelines concerning business conduct, working conditions, employment, child labour, wages and hours, diversity, freedom of association and environment.
- Our employment principles are guided by international human rights standards, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and the United Nations Global Compact. They are also consistent with our shared values.Due Diligence & Risk Identification
- Bairds Malt carries out a compliance and due diligence audit on any new operation or company that it acquires, to ensure that such entity is acting in compliance with Bairds Malt’s policies.
- Bairds Malt regularly performs reviews and scrutinises potential risks in order to facilitate the early detection of sustainability risks in the supply chain.
- If supplier practices do not meet our standards (discovered through audit or otherwise), we will in the first instance work with suppliers to achieve compliance or in some cases terminate our relationship with them. Suppliers not adhering to our minimum requirements may be prohibited from future use. Employee Engagement and Training
- Bairds Malt makes its employees aware of all of its policies and procedures including this statement or the policies referred to in it.
- Bairds Malt is committed to providing both online and face to face training to its staff, on the risks of modern slavery within the Bairds Malt supply chain.
- Bairds Malt expects each employee, officer and member of the board of directors to conduct all activities related to, or reflecting on, the Bairds Malt business with integrity and according to the letter, spirit and intent of all applicable laws.
- We also operate a whistleblowing policy, aimed at our employees, which encourages staff to report any wrongdoing, including human rights violations such as modern slavery or human trafficking. Any reports of this nature will be fully investigated and appropriate remedial actions taken.
- For our employees, failure to comply with applicable standards may result in disciplinary action which could result in their immediate suspension or the termination of their employment.